ACEN Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 27 616 856 672) (“ACEN Australia”) makes every effort to ensure that the material provided on this Internet site is accurate. However, we do not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of such information nor do we undertake to keep this website updated. To the extent permitted by law, ACEN Australia excludes all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site, and any information or material available to it.
The information on this site is not intended to be nor should it be relied upon as a substitute for legal or other professional advice. Users should obtain any appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular requirements.
ACEN Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 27 616 856 672) (“ACEN Australia”) is committed to safeguarding the privacy of information provided to it and information about visitors to the ACEN Australia’s website and any other associated websites under its control (together our “Websites”). ACEN Australia is the data controller of any personal information provided to it when you use its services as set out below.
- when you request information from us or provide information to us;
- when you or the organisation you work with us or provide services to us;
- as a result of your relationship with us, including when you or the organisation you work for is a regulator, government agency, court, tribunal or other law enforcement agency;
- in connection with any renewable energy projects we are developing, constructing or operating;
- when you apply for a role, work placement opportunity or other employment related event with us;
- when we conduct open source searches on you in connection with our business processes or renewable energy projects; or
- when you visit our Websites and online services.
- INFORMATION COLLECTION
We will collect personal information directly from you or your authorised representatives.
We may also collect personal information from third parties such as regulatory authorities, your employer, other organisations with whom you have dealings, government agencies, credit reporting agencies, recruitment agencies, information or service providers or publicly available records.
We may collect current and historical personal information including your name (including name prefix or title), contact details (such as your postal address, email address and phone number(s)), nationality, identification, gender, organisation, business interests, employment, positions held, special categories of data (such as race and ethnicity, trade union membership, information about health or information, political opinions or religious beliefs), billing and financial information (such as billing address, bank account and payment information) and enquiry/complaint details, land and property information, including lot, Deposited Plan, title, price and address, details of the technology, products and services that we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those technologies, products and services and respond to your enquiries.
We may also collect personal information about your other dealings with us and our clients, including any contact we have with you in person, by telephone, email or online.
Careers and Recruitment
If you apply for a job or work placement you may need to provide information about your education, employment, racial background and state of health.
Your application will constitute your express consent to our use of this information to assess your application and to allow us to carry out both recruitment analytics and any monitoring activities which may be required of us under applicable law as an employer.
We may also carry out screening checks (including reference, background, directorship, financial probity, identity, eligibility to work, vocational suitability and criminal record checks) and consider you for other positions. We may disclose your personal information (including diversity and equal opportunities data) to academic institutions, recruiters, screening check providers, health service providers, professional and trade associations, law enforcement agencies, recruitment analytics and diversity research providers, referees and your current and previous employers.
We may also collect your personal information from these parties in some circumstances. Without your personal information we may not be able to progress considering you for positions with us.
Random Drug Testing
We may randomly conduct drug testing of some of our workforce. If you work with us in your capacity as:
- a contractor engaged by us;
- a subcontractor of a contractor engaged by us;
- an employee of such a contractor or subcontractor; or
- any other person engaged by us to assist in delivering our technology, products or services,
we may require you to provide us with additional personal information (including sensitive information, such as health and other medical information) as part of that drug testing. We will only collect your sensitive information if it is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities, and, as required by law, will obtain your consent before doing so.
Using our Website and Cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our Website. While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our Website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
- USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your personal or general information:
- if it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or the organisation you work for; or
- if necessary, in connection with one of our renewable energy projects;
- if necessary, in connection with a legal or regulatory obligation; or
- if you have provided your consent (where necessary) to such use or the organisation that you work for has obtained your consent (where necessary); or
- if we (or a third-party) have a legitimate interest which is not overridden by your interests or your rights and freedoms; or
- if we are otherwise required or authorised by law; or
- to contact and communicate with you; or
- to provide technology, products and services to you; or
- to consider your employment application and verify your suitability to work with us or access our business; or
- to make payments to you for goods or services that you provide to us, including paying you remuneration and other benefits and entitlements; or
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary in the circumstances.
- SHARING INFORMATION ACROSS OUR GLOBAL BUSINESSES
We may share your information with our international offices, branches, subsidiaries and associated firms around the world. If, in the future, we re- organise or transfer all or part of our business, we may need to transfer your information to new entities or third parties through which our business will be carried out.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with third parties including:
- our professional advisers and your employers or place of business;
- third parties involved in the provisions of services to us including professional advisers, legal counsel, technical advisers, insurers, auditors, our financiers or other consultants;
- third party service providers to whom we outsource services, for example technical, auditing, professional advisory, financiers, IT support, banking, insurance, data room services, media relations consultants and other consultants in connection with our renewable energy projects;
- third party technology organisations, including cloud service providers, such as data storage platforms;
- third parties with whom we have co-promotional arrangements (such as sponsorships);
- third parties who carry out research and analyses in relation to our renewable energy projects or our businesses on our behalf; or
- regulatory authorities, courts, tribunals, government agencies, law enforcement agencies and other third parties; or
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred
We may also disclose your personal information to our employees and related bodies corporate.
Please be aware that your personal information may be accessed by third parties and by our international offices from countries whose laws provide various levels of protection for personal data which are not always equivalent to the level of protection that may be provided in Australia.
Where we transfer your information internationally, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards.
Some of your personal information may be stored with and managed by a cloud service provider located in a different country to the ACEN Australia office.
We take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form and to prevent unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Our information security policy is supported by a number of security standards, processes and procedures and we store information in access-controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords. We require our third-party data storage providers to comply with appropriate information security industry standards.
All directors, staff and third-party providers with access to confidential information are subject to confidentiality obligations.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our online services; any transmission is at your own risk.
- THIRD PARTY SITES
Our Websites contain links to other sites which may be controlled by third parties.
These links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or maintained. It is the responsibility of the visitor to make their own decisions about the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of information contained in linked external Internet sites.
Visitors should consult these other sites’ privacy policies and please be aware that we do not accept responsibility for their use of information about you.
Links to other sites should not be construed as an endorsement, approval or recommendation by us of the operators of those linked sites or of any information, graphics, materials, products or services referred to or contained on those linked sites unless and to the extent stipulated to the contrary.
- YOUR RIGHTS
The privacy laws of some jurisdictions may give you the right to access, amend or erase your personal information or, in some circumstances, to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information.
If you would like to request a copy of your data or would like to take steps to exercise any of your rights please contact us in writing as set out below. We may refuse to provide access and may charge a fee for access if the relevant legislation allows us to do so, in which case we will provide reasons for our decision as required by law.
In the limited circumstances where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the rights to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time.
Information we hold about you should be up-to-date and accurate. Please advise us in writing of any changes to your information using the contact details set out below.
- STATUS OF THIS POLICY
- CONTACT AND FURTHER INFORMATION
To find out more about ACEN Australia entities, please visit www.acenrenewables.com.au